Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday

Phew, I feel so much better. That was not a fun few days. Still not 100% sure what was wrong (and still not 100% better but pretty close), but somewhere in the mixture of time, sleep, prune juice, Colace, and lots of water, something worked. I'm still a little tender, especially when I eat food that's not fantastically good for me, but at least I can be upright and functional and not in pain.

I also bought cranberry juice, just in case a UTI was part of the problem. I found some "pure cranberry juice" which I took to mean no apple or pear juice (which is what's usually added to cut the juice), but it's PURE pure cranberry juice. As in cranberries and water. No sugar at all. It takes about half a glass for me to get used to it, and then it's pretty good, but boy is it puckery.

I started on a cardigan for Ivy last night. I've got about an inch and a half done. No idea if it will ever fit her, but it's fun to make something. I need to go through the internets and see what other kinds of patterns I can find for fun baby stuff. But today, it's nice to spend awhile just sitting and enjoying the sunshine and spring-like temperatures and knitting. I knitted with a friend for a couple of hours this morning at an almost deserted coffee shop - I love those mornings that you feel like you're the only one out in the world, especially when it's 9am!

Tomorrow starts one of the busiest weeks of the year at work. Some years are busier than others and so far this is a busier year - let's hope I'm wrong! (I guess the silver lining is that the week will fly by and I may get some overtime out of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment