Saturday, January 17, 2015

More on the Belly

I meant last night to comment a little bit more on how strange it is to have a belly like this and like it. I've always had a belly, sometimes more than others, and I've always "sucked in" or tried to wear clothes that minimized it or saw the rising numbers on the scale and cringed. It's so weird now to look for shirts that accentuate the belly, to be OK with 9 pounds gained in as many weeks, to be a little sad on the back bender bench in yoga when my belly stretched out so far that rubbing it with my hand felt like I was rubbing a normal belly.

I remember hearing people say "I LOVED being pregnant!" and I always wanted to be one of those people, not someone who was miserable all the time. And though I know the hardest bit is yet to come, so far I get to say I love being pregnant. <3

1 comment: