Wednesday, November 5, 2014

OB, Shots, and Other Things

I think I'm coming down from my high of Monday. To keep it going, I called and made my first OB appointment for the Friday after my last ultrasound at ORM. I spent a day or two thinking about which of two midwives I wanted (there's five at the hospital I think), and in the end I just had to go with whoever had an availability. I need to get used to that - back before we knew we had infertility issues, I was sure I'd have a home birth with a midwife. And for five years I concentrated more on how to get pregnant than how to get the baby out, and never did any further research on births. Now I need to get used to the fact that I can't choose who's going to catch the baby - it'll just be the luck of the draw.

Cory is in Orlando this week for work. I took him to the airport at 3am on Monday, and am picking him up on Saturday. In the meantime, I'm driving half an hour each way to visit my aunt every evening, who is giving me my progesterone and delestrogen shots. I figured she'd be a good candidate because she gives herself insulin shots, and she was - she did a good job last night, I barely felt it. We went out to dessert afterwards, and the baby got its first gift - a cute stuffed yeti for the nursery! (I'm going with retro camping/woodlandy decor with lots of bright colors and some yeti/Bigfoot thrown in.)

It's kinda hard being away from Cory right now. I just want to be around him so we can enjoy feeling like normal people again - for almost six months we've been on pins and needles. He's pretty excited; he took the ultrasound picture with him and he told me today that he wants to buy something for the baby while he's in Florida - so sweet. I love seeing him excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment