Monday, September 22, 2014

Lining Update and a Harvest!

I was just outside cleaning up the back yard. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and was pretty gray today so I could put it off no longer; I did the final mowing of the dry weeds in the dry lawn, chopped down the hops, pulled up last year's leeks and kale, raked the fallen pears, and picked four figs off my tree! They're the first figs I've gotten and they were great.





I also harvested my first pumpkin! There's another one that's about as big as both my fists, still growing away - hopefully it matures by Halloween.

And not more than two minutes after I finished and flopped down on the couch, I could hear it raining outside. Was that good timing or what!

Anyway, I had my endometrium ultrasound and an estrogen level (blood) check this afternoon. I was too late in the day for the results of the blood draw to come in, so I'm sure I'll be called about that tomorrow. The doctor had kind of a hard time measuring my uterus as it was in a weird position(?), but I heard him call out 7.6mm and either 8 or 9. The nurse who called me this evening seemed to think that was kind of thin (I have no idea what's optimal) but pending the results of the blood test she just asked me to stay at my normal dose of delestrogen for today. I'll start the progesterone on Friday, and then re-start the antibiotics and start a steroid on Saturday in preparation for next Thursday's transfer.

11 comments:

  1. Well done for getting your yard cleared up! I was doing the same yesterday when I noticed a fig on our fig tree - it looked very different to yours, was brown and very very ripe but delicious when I ate it! We have had wonderful raspberries this year, it's great to be able to eat the organic produce of our own garden.
    Was the doc looking at your womb lining? At my scan yesterday mine was apparently 10.7 which is good, if that gives you any idea. Love and luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be just a different variety - I've had brown figs and they're good too. I love how delicate they taste - so different from fig newtons.

      Yep, the doc was looking at the lining. They didn't call me back to tell me what my estrogen level was (they were supposed to today) so I'm assuming it's fine and they'll check again next Monday, three days before the transfer.

      Delete
  2. Hi from ICLW! I'd love to grow a pumpkin. We tried when I was little, but I don't remember it working out well :)

    Good luck with your transfer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have room for it (they're very sprawly!) you should try again! This was super easy - I just planted it and watered it. There were a lot of blossoms and three or four little baby pumpkins but almost all of the baby pumpkins dried up and fell off the vine. I wonder if they would have been happier if I'd have watered more - I get super lazy with watering. :)

      And thank you for the luck!

      Delete
  3. I can't seem to grow any plants lol! I can now keep a plant alive which is a progression :) Saying prayers for your transfer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not so great at it either, honestly. My friend has this fantastic little garden, and I just can't be bothered to learn about soil and plant things where they belong and weed (sheesh, the weeding here is never-ending!) so mine is always so sad compared to hers.

      Thanks for the prayers!!

      Delete
  4. What an amazing pumpkin! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so perfect that I'm not sure I want to make it into a jack'o'lantern or just leave it on the porch - or make it into a pie! I think this is a good variety for pie. :)

      Delete
  5. I am so jealous of your figs! I want a fig tree but we don't have a sunny enough spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lived here for four years and this is the first year that the figs have actually matured! It's a lucky tree, too, because I thought it died over the deep freeze this winter - the leaves weren't growing back very quickly in the spring - and I almost asked the landlord to pull it out!

      Delete
  6. Oh Megan, I'm so excited for you!
    Good luck next Thursday, I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete