Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hurry Up and Wait

I knew this would happen. I had a tiny short burst of productivity and now I'm craving more. I want to make appointments. I want to move. Basically I want to fast-forward to May. Of course, then I remind myself what good being impatient did last time. Infertility and IVF is all about waiting.

Really, there are tons of things I could be doing in the meantime. Fine-tuning my diet. Starting prenatals. Continuing yoga. Research. Timing my cycles so I can report to the RE. Connecting with other infertiles online. Writing in my blog. Making sure that IVF isn't the only thing I'm striving for. If I focus on other things, like work and yoga, it'll be way better than putting IVF blinders on. Especially since I'm such an optimist that I already feel like it's a done deal. Again. Even though that same thinking was what killed me the first time the clinic called to inform me of my negative pregnancy test. Stop it, brain. Let's go over here for awhile.

So today I'm doing taxes, mowing the lawn, clearing up more pampas grass (we have giant ones that I haven't thinned in three years and now I'm paying for it), cleaning the house a bit, finishing up a book for work that I need to hand off to some other coworkers, and writing some policy for work. And going to see a movie with C, because he finally has a few minutes that he can devote to something other than his job. Woo!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan, Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope your time in the waiting room passes quickly! I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete