Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 3 & Day 1

Yesterday afternoon the nurse called to tentatively schedule a Friday (Day 3) transfer. She didn't really have any news about the zygotes, but she said the embryologist would call Friday morning to let us know whether we should hold off until Sunday (meaning the zygotes were doing well enough that they didn't have to immediately be transferred back into my uterus). I reminded her that we had to drive an hour and a half to get there, and so the embryologist should call as early as possible, but our launch time this morning came and we hopped in the car and figured we'd wait for a phone call en route.

When we had been driving for almost half an hour the nurse called again, and said that she'd looked at the embryologist's report and the zygotes are doing really well! So she scheduled the transfer for Sunday at 10. It's a quick procedure, and then I lie down immediately afterward for half an hour, and then I spend the rest of the day on the couch. Unfortunately, I have a choir rehearsal - last one before the upcoming renaissance faire - and I was hoping I wouldn't miss it. So everyone else is deciding whether they want to come up here to rehearse or if I'll just miss it.

Yesterday was day 1 of my progesterone shots. I had been dreading it all day long, and in the evening beforehand I'd all but forgotten about it but this lingering sense of dread was hanging around and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Oh yeah.

I warmed up the dose between my thighs for awhile, and then paced around icing the spot, and had a hard time settling down to drape myself over the counter so C could do the deed. He even hesitated a few seconds after he said he was ready, and when he finally did it I jumped. Once it was in it wasn't so bad, and I feel better about doing it today, but it didn't stop me from crying last night after it was over, mostly from the anticipation and nervousness leaving. Also, I haven't cried much at all during this whole process so I guess it was time.

No comments:

Post a Comment