Monday, June 20, 2011

A Sign?

I like making signs out of things that probably aren't signs. Like, when things come together I say "oh yes, that's because this is supposed to be happening!" Of course, when they don't come together I just pout and don't usually say "oh yes, that's because this is NOT supposed to be happening!" I am such an optimist.

Anyway, when I called to get financing for the IVF, the account manager asked if I wanted to also finance the medications. I said no, because I was flustered and wasn't ready to commit. (I actually first said "can I think about it and add it later?" and the answer was no. So I said no.) After I got off the phone, I had a nagging feeling that I probably should have financed the meds, since they were going to be about $3100. I didn't want to have to try to foot that from our savings; we probably would be able to but I wasn't sure.

Then I remembered that my dad had given my sister and me about 50 savings bonds over the course of 14 years. I dug them out and did the online calculator, and the bonds that had met or exceeded their face value as of today are almost exactly $3100.

It's a sign! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment